(Effective 1 September 2020)
Business Name: Aurora Yoga
Completed by: Alicia Trevelyan (Sole Trader and Teacher)
Wellbeing of Teacher and Students
• Provide clear instructions to students not to enter the practice space if showing any signs of illness. Teacher to undertake to students not to teach with any signs of illness;
• Proactive communication with students in relation to what is being done in the space to increase cleaning and other precautions taken; and
• Clearly communicate to students what is expected in terms of hygiene, distancing practices and cough/sneeze etiquette. Display on website, social media and on posters at entry to hall, in teaching space and in toilet areas.
• Restrict admission to verandah area prior to the class to discourage congregating in the small space and on seating;
• Common use areas and class waiting areas to be marked to ensure social distancing;
• Hand sanitiser (alcohol based 70%) to be made available at entrance of hall. All persons entering including teachers and students, to be encouraged to use.
• Following class, disinfect door handles, table surface, light switches and anything else that may be touched by teacher or students;
• No cash accepted/to be handled. All students must book prior to the class using the Punchpass App.
• Ensure the maximum number of students in the teaching space does not exceed one person per 4 square metres;
• Limit class sizes to a maximum of 14 students with 1.5 metre spacing between each yoga mat and/or chair;
• 2 Hygiene Stations in the space with disinfectant and paper towel available;
• Designate the doors at the front of the space as the “Entry” and the doors at the rear of the building as the “Exit” to facilitate social distancing;
• Ensure time is allocated between classes for appropriate cleaning of teaching space; and
• Clean teaching space after class including floors, doors and chairs.
• Teaching to be confined to mat or chair to ensure social distancing;
• No physical assists/adjustments to be made to students in the teaching space;
• All windows and doors to be kept open when possible; and
• No expiratory breathing/cleansing techniques or chanting to be practised in class.
Bathrooms, Toilets and Change Rooms
• Showers not to be used;
• Toilet, basin surfaces, taps and door handles to be wiped over with disinfectant, paper towels using gloves;
• Ensure sufficient supply of handwashing products and paper towels; and
• Appropriate and safe removal of waste.
• All students to bring their own equipment including mats, belts, blocks, blankets and bolsters. Also encourage students to bring their own water bottles and towels; and
• Chairs used for yoga must have surfaces that can be cleaned e.g. no fabric.
• A record of name and a contact number for all students will be maintained in the booking system for a period of at least 28 days. Records are to be used for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and securely; and
• Business owner undertakes to cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at the teaching space.